Monday, July 4, 2011

The View From Allenham

I've noticed recently that my writing has been rhyming a bit more than usual, actually a lot more.  I've been listening to a great deal of progressive folk & bluegrass lately, perhaps therein lies the reason.


Willoughby

Do you remember that day,
That day I finally understood forever?
Do you remember how my hands,
How my hands framed your face like a picture?

I remember; I do nothing but remember

Do you remember that night,
That night I sang to you, and we danced for hours?
Do you remember all the words,
The words we felt, scattered easily like flowers?

I remember; I do nothing but remember

I remember your hands and your smile
Your laugh and your voice
I remember your kiss and your touch
Your promised love and your choice

I remember; I do nothing but remember
Remembering is all I do

No comments:

Post a Comment